Experienced Specialists Dedicated to Delivering Outstanding ServicesContact Us
At Big Steve's Tree Care, we understand the importance of well-maintained trees for both the aesthetic appeal and overall health of your property. With our team of skilled arborists and tree care specialists, we are committed to delivering precise and meticulous tree trimming services that enhance the beauty and longevity of your trees.
Whether you need routine pruning or intricate shaping, you can trust us to provide exceptional results with a focus on customer satisfaction. Big Steve’s Tree Care offers comprehensive, quick, and fairly-priced tree trimming services throughout Northern Virginia. Experience the expertise of Big Steve's Tree Care and transform your landscape into a thriving and picturesque environment.
Signs You Need Tree Trimming in Northern Virginia
In many cases, trimming down a tree is not an easy decision. Property owners often want their tree to flourish and be healthy. Is it wrong to trim a tree that is growing?
On the other hand, once you know your tree has gotten too large, should you just remove it entirely to avoid future complications? It is our job as your trusted tree trimming experts to help you reach the right decision, considering your property, your wishes, and your budget.
The most common reasons to trim your trees:
- The overall health of the tree is jeopardized due to an excess of dead branches.
- A disease is growing in certain parts of the tree and needs to be removed.
- Trimming certain fruit-bearing trees can actually trigger fruit growth.
- The tree is growing too close to powerlines.
- Large branches have grown over a home, risking a disaster if they fall off.
- Branches are extending into a neighboring property.
- The surrounding area can’t be seen and enjoyed due to the tree blocking the view.
What Is the Difference Between Tree Trimming and Tree Pruning?
Tree trimming involves removing portions of the tree that are not necessary for growth such as dead, broken or diseased branches. Tree pruning is more focused on shaping the tree to enhance its structure and appearance by selectively removing some healthy parts of the tree.
Pruning also helps to promote better health and vigor by controlling the amount of foliage, stimulating the formation of buds and reducing the risk of certain diseases. Tree trimming is often done on younger trees to promote better structure while pruning is most often used on mature trees to maintain their shape and appearance.
Pruning is also more focused on promoting healthy growth and maximizing the life span of a tree, whereas trimming focuses more on aesthetics. Both tree trimming and pruning are important for the health of a tree, but the techniques used and goals achieved differ between the two.
How to Choose the Right Tree Trimming Company
Finding the right arborist to take care of your home's trees can be a difficult process, but there are some key signs that put the best companies head and shoulders above the rest:
- Are they available 24/7? Just how trees can cause havoc day or night, you need a tree trimming business that is available around the clock. You won't settle for anything less than the best when you choose our Northern Virginia tree trimming company.
- Are they eco-friendly? Why would you choose a tree trimming company that isn't going to be as environmentally sound as can be? Your environment matters and we're going to see to it that the safest practices are utilized when trimming your trees.
- Have they won awards and certificates for their work? Not only are we fully licensed and insured, but we're an Angie's List Super Service Awardee!
- How are the reviews? Any Northern Virginia tree trimming company can say great things about themselves, but we don't have to do that because our customers say great things for us. Check out our reviews here and become our next happy customer today!
Call Big Steve’s Tree Care to Schedule Tree Trimming in Northern Virginia Today
Now that you know the top name in tree trimming services in Alexandria, Annandale, and all of Northern Virginia, what reason do you have to wait to schedule a service? Our team at Big Steve’s Tree Care loves to meet and greet new and returning customers alike.
We see each property as the unique space that it is, so we customize our services to meet your needs and expectations. By the end of a tree trimming or tree care job, we want you to be so happy with our services that you tell your friends and family about us!
“I would recommend Big Steve to everyone and will return to them for future tree services.” - Previous Customer
“The quote we received was extremely reasonable and they didn't try to oversell us on stuff we didn't need.” - David L.
“I would recommend this company.” - Tom L.
“Everything went smoothly and we will definitely contact them again for future services. I highly recommend them.” - M S.
“They replied quickly, gave us the lowest quote, and got the job done quickly.” - Kate L.
“Highly responsive - They came to the house and provided free quote the next day we called.” - S C.
“I had another quote from a company that worked for me before and it was SIGNIFICANTLY higher.” - C M.
“Steve comes out in person, provides a detailed work plan, and sends out a qualified and polite crew.” - Mary W.